none
Internet Explorer 7 tabs and Steadystate RRS feed

• Question

• how I can enable the Internet Explorer 7 tabs after activating steadystate?
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If I have not misunderstood, you want to bring Tab feature back in IE 7 for restricted users after installation of steadystate. If so, you can achieve so by unchecking the “Prevent access to Windows Explorer features: Folder Options,….” option in steadystate. The option can be located at Windows Restrictions Tab>General Restrictions.

Friday, June 29, 2007 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If I have not misunderstood, you want to bring Tab feature back in IE 7 for restricted users after installation of steadystate. If so, you can achieve so by unchecking the “Prevent access to Windows Explorer features: Folder Options,….” option in steadystate. The option can be located at Windows Restrictions Tab>General Restrictions.

Friday, June 29, 2007 12:44 PM
  • That also allows access to "My Network" and the customize toolbar options. I would also like to allow access to the Tab feature, but not those two options.
    Monday, July 2, 2007 7:24 PM
  • Hi,

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 1:10 PM
  • We've the same problem. How can we activate tabbed browsing in Internet Explorer 7?

Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:01 AM
  • Is your issue related to the installation of SteadyState?  If so, you can follow Sammy's suggestion to fix this issue. Otherwise, this can be a general IE7 issue.

Regards.

Friday, January 25, 2008 3:34 AM
  •  Sammy Yu - MSFT wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem, this fix doesn't work for me either.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:40 PM
  •  

I think I solved the problem for the most part. When upgrading from SS 2.0 to 2.5 I didn't remove ALL the restrictions prior to uninstalling 2.0. I re-imaged my test machine this morning and turned off ALL the restrictions on the users, then uninstalled 2.0. When I install 2.5 and re-enable the restrictions tabs now work in IE7.

Just for fun I treid to disable them with the above mentioned method of checking the “Prevent access to Windows Explorer features: Folder Options,….” option in steadystate, on the Windows Restrictions Tab>General Restrictions. However tabs still worked with the option checked (not that I care, but someone might). Maybe there's a combo needed to disable them???

Now if there was just a QUICK and dirty way to turn off ALL restrictions on the machine at once for (every user)...AND...have SS REMEMBER all my settings when I turned it back on I'd be a happy camper.

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:56 PM