none
Can not create any reports from MAP v7.0 RRS feed

• Question

• We have followed the installation notes, installed all pre-reqs and the installation went well. Using version 7.0.4640.0, we are using a Windows 2008 R2 server with Office 2007 SP2 installed.

We can run a inventory all ok, I can connect the database using Management studio via (localDB)\maptoolkit and see our devices. However, when I run any report I receive the following error

There was an error in the document generation process.

Looking at previous post, they recommend uninstalling office and reinstalling. I have done this and also uninstalled the toolkit with no effect.

Looking at MyDocuments\MAP\AssetsDB area, the document templates are being produced, but not being populated with data. The mydocuments is a redirected network drive.

Does any one have any ideas on how I can resolve this issue? Does the reports require a ODBC connection?

Thanks
    Monday, October 22, 2012 3:24 PM

Answers

• I managed to resolve this issue, I changed the redirection of the My Documents library from a network share to a local folder on the c: drive.

This fixed the problem, we can now produce reports.

• Marked as answer by BarryAdmin Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:26 PM

All replies

• Somemore info on this :

I am logged on as user, which has full access to My Documents. However, I am receiving a access denied message in MAP error log. Do you know what could be preventing access to this folder network folder, its not NTFS permissions? Alternatively, how can I change the default location to store reports?

<2012-10-22 16:28:53.57 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,E> Document Generator: An exception occurred - Access to the path '\\servername\MyDocs\user\My Documents\MAP\Assets\WS2008R2Proposal-10-22-2012-16h28m53s.docx' is denied.

Thanks

Monday, October 22, 2012 4:24 PM
  • I managed to resolve this issue, I changed the redirection of the My Documents library from a network share to a local folder on the c: drive.

This fixed the problem, we can now produce reports.

• Marked as answer by BarryAdmin Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:26 PM
  • A little more background on this issue. Starting in MAP 6 we removed the Office dependency and instead create the reports using the MS Office OpenXML API's. We weren't sure if the folder redirection issue would still be an issue because it is not a scenario we test for, but it would appear that even without the Office dependency, it doesn't play well with folder redirection.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 3, 2012 10:20 PM