OpsMgrLatencyMonitors and MOMLatencyMonitors containers ? RRS feed

• Question

• Configuring the AD management pack (version 6.0.7065.0) following a new installation of SCOM 2007 R2.  I notice in the forest there is already a container called MOMLatencyMonitors (which I assume was created from a previous MOM 2005 deployment) but the AD MP documentation talks about creating a container called OpsMgrLatencyMonitors. 

My question, can I use the MOMLatencyMonitors container and modify the security to allow the new SCOM action account access or should create a new container with the specific name OpsMgrLatencyMonitors ? if so why ?

I'm trying to establish whether the new AD MP and/or SCOM 2007 R2 recognise the old container name or whether I should disregard the old container name and go with creating new container ?

thanks

• Edited by Forum2020 Friday, September 17, 2010 2:14 PM typo
    Friday, September 17, 2010 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi

You are correct in the that MOMLatencyMonitors container will have come from either MOM2005 or a very early version of the OpsMgr 2007 AD MP.

You can't use the MOMLatencyCounters in OpsMgr 2007 R2 with the latest AD Management Pack. It needs to OpsMgrLatencyMonitors.

Good Luck

Graham 

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Forum2020 Friday, September 17, 2010 2:28 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi

You are correct in the that MOMLatencyMonitors container will have come from either MOM2005 or a very early version of the OpsMgr 2007 AD MP.

You can't use the MOMLatencyCounters in OpsMgr 2007 R2 with the latest AD Management Pack. It needs to OpsMgrLatencyMonitors.

Good Luck

Graham 

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Forum2020 Friday, September 17, 2010 2:28 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 2:25 PM
  • Thanks Graham.
    Friday, September 17, 2010 2:29 PM
  • On similar vein, we have a legacy SCOM 2007 R2 and a OpsMgrLatencyMonitors OU in our AD domain.  We are deploying a new SCOM 2007 R2 management group into the same AD domain that will eventually replace the existing SCOM infrastructure.  We need to deploy the AD Monitoring MP.

What do we do, use the existing legacy OpsMgrLatencyMonitors OU, delete and create anew, or create one by a different name?

• Edited by Calliper Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:30 PM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 1:00 PM