none
FAST ESP: unable to assign value to "title" attribute in pipeline, unexpected RRS feed

• Question

• I use Enterprise Web Crawler to crawl a discussion board. Crawler automatically extracts title from <head><title>...</title></head> to "title", however, this board doesn't have correct topic name there and I have no control over it.

I'm talking about the same search item "title" which you can see as a title with a hyperlink when you search using search view interface in FAST ESP.

So, I'm trying to update "title" attribute in processing pipeline with a correct value, but it doesn't work, i.e. value extracted by web crawler persists.

I tried AttributeAssigner and AttributeCopy for testing and I can't override "title" field. At the same time I'm able to override any other empty/non-empty field using these stages.

Does "title" get special treatment by FAST/non-updatable or should I use something else to update "title" field? How can I update this field?

Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:42 PM

All replies

• Ok, I found out that I can modify "title" attribute, but only before Tokenizer(webcluster) stage. After this stage attribute value gets locked and update is impossible.

I understand this stage does standard tokenization, but why I can't update attribute after this stage?

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:31 AM