none
Power Query - Power BI Desktop Interaction (Support) RRS feed

• Question

• The next logical step is to migrate my Excel Power Query project (tables and queries) to Power BI Desktop to take advantage of the visualization and report capability. During the migration, Power Desktop reported errors in some imported queries when changes are applied. The error screen looks like:

The window title Appears to be Apply Query Changes.  There isn't a horizontal scroll bar so I can't see the name of the problem queries.  The advanced Query editor in Power BI Desktop doesn't indicate any errors with any of the queries.

I am an individual user, do not have a corporate account, and therefore can not create an account in the Power Desktop Community to report this nor request comments from the community.  Wouild appreciate any help getting connected with the Power BI Desktop support.  Thanks.

elc

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:59 AM

Answers

• If you still have this issue with truncated dialog content, can you please reach out to me directly at alexgor@microsoft.com? Should expedite troubleshooting and potential fix for that.

Alex.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 1:10 AM

All replies

• Hi GeneQuery2,

Are you using the latest Power BI-version?

Could you try to change the screen resolution to get a full picture of the error-message?

Imke Feldmann - MVP Data Platform (PowerBI) - http://www.TheBIccountant.com 

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful - Thanks!

Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:35 AM
  • Hi Gene. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Ehren

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:29 PM
    Owner
  • Yes, I'm still having the same problem.  I haven't found anyway to display the whole message.  This same window pops up when query refresh is being processed.  attached is a snip.  I had the text size set to 125%. I changed it to 100% but the window is still not displaying the whole message.  My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 - it is an HP 15" lap top.  

elc

Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:53 PM
  • If you still have this issue with truncated dialog content, can you please reach out to me directly at alexgor@microsoft.com? Should expedite troubleshooting and potential fix for that.

Alex.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 1:10 AM