Outlook 2007 unable to view new/unread emails in Inbox, but OWA 2007 have not issue displaying/listing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My problem is that in Outlook 2007 unable to view new emails (unread email) - it does not show/display/list at all in the Outlook Inbox. Seem like I did not get the email at all into Inbox. But in OWA 2007 I have no issue. OWA shows all emails in Inbox.

There is no custom views. The only temporary solution is to rename the pst then those emails will appear again in Outlook Inbox.

But the issue will reappear again after some time.

Is there any bugs that can cause this issue and a hotfix to fix it?

Thank you.

• Edited by Alvin.B Friday, November 12, 2010 11:05 AM add more info
    Friday, November 12, 2010 11:03 AM

Answers

• Well keeping all the Microsoft Products to the recent Service Packs and fixes always helps.. always make sure that you run Windows Update and install all the updates, btw I think the KB 968773 should work for you...
    - Saakar
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:38 PM

All replies

• You said "PST" and not "OST" right? if thats the case then check for rules in Outlook, you can use Outlook.exe /cleanrules from the command prompt if you are really not bothered about them (rules)..

If you do then you have an option for exporting rules and then try the cleanrules switch to open Outlook.

Hope this helps !!

- Saakar
    Friday, November 12, 2010 2:34 PM
  • Are you downloading these messages via POP3/IMAP?
    Friday, November 12, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Download email using normal Outlook MAPI connection to Exchange.

Yes, it's PST.

Seem like no rules implemented.

I just found an article kb968773, but I have yet to check the Outlook 2007 SP and try the KB.

The kb968773 does not mentioned is this affect PST/OST. I will give it a try.

Thank you for all the replies. Cheers.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:33 PM
  • If it's a POP3/IMAP will have this kind of issue? Thank you.
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 5:00 PM
  • Well keeping all the Microsoft Products to the recent Service Packs and fixes always helps.. always make sure that you run Windows Update and install all the updates, btw I think the KB 968773 should work for you...
    - Saakar
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

Any updates? Please install the latest updates to have a try.

Notes: The KB 968773 is apply to Outlook 2007 which have not installed service pack 2. If you have installed service pack 2, the KB 968773 may not apply to you.

Also if your Outlook is using cache mode, please use online mode to have a try.

If the problem persists, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to help you.

Best Regards,

Evan

Monday, November 15, 2010 4:39 PM
  • Hello Evan,

I was hoping the issue does not happen, but too bad it happened again after few months running fine.

What was done previously: The Outlook 2007 client is updated and did "outlook /cleanips" to start outlook.

As mentioned, there is no custom rules/view/etc.

I'm now out of idea. Would it be the MS Exchange 2007 SP1 RU8 causing this?

Best Regards,

Alvin

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:34 AM
  • I have one user with same issue, missing some emails from inbox ocassionaly. His OWA, outlook online mode and blackberry shows all emails in inbox correctly but his outlook client miss few emails every week or other week randomly. 

The only way to fix is to delete OST file and he gets all the emails back in inbox. I have run all the outlook.exe /switches does not fix the issue. I have created new outlook profile, new Win7 profile issue still comes back. There are no rules setup. I am about to reimage his machine, hopefully do not see issue again, unless someone can find other fix bebore I reimage it.

Thanks,

omar

Friday, January 27, 2012 12:13 AM