Pool FQDN RRS feed

• Question

• Let's say I have domain.com externally and domain.local (AD domain) internally and have split brain DNS configured.  If I am using Enterprise and deploy 2 FE servers named fe01.domain.local and fe02.domain.local, would the pool FQDN be domain.com or domain.local?  Does it matter?  if so, why?

Seems like most if not all of the documentation uses the same domain name internally and externally.

Thanks

Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If your Primery SIP Domain is domain.local, then the Pool FQDN should be pool.domain.local. if you configure domain.com as an additional SIP Domain, you can configure the pool as poo.domain.com. it's basically which SIP Domain the users are enabled for. Hope your clear with this.

Thamara.

• Proposed as answer by Thamara.Wijesinghe Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by IT-NOOB Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:32 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If your Primery SIP Domain is domain.local, then the Pool FQDN should be pool.domain.local. if you configure domain.com as an additional SIP Domain, you can configure the pool as poo.domain.com. it's basically which SIP Domain the users are enabled for. Hope your clear with this.

Thamara.

• Proposed as answer by Thamara.Wijesinghe Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by IT-NOOB Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:32 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:16 AM
  • I accept that as a good answer but for example the AD domain is domain.local and we support 3 different SMTP domains in Exchange which we are using as the SIP Domains.  None of the three are really the "primary".  Domain.local is not used as a SIP Domain.  This always leaves me with the question, which SIP domain should be the primary?

Thanks

Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:35 AM
  • keep the domain that you installed the Lync Servers as Primery SIP domain. add other domains as additional SIP domains. and enable users for the additional SIP domain.

Thamara.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:41 AM