Unable to remove an update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have Windows 7 pro which have KB4490628 installed successfully by WSUS. I have declined KB4490628 and approved to remove KB4490628 on WSUS, however KB4490628 is still on client computers and I couldn't remove it manually because the remove button is unavailable. See the image below. Please advise how to remove it.

Thanks in advance!

Grace

Friday, March 15, 2019 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Grace,

Thank you for posting here.

As far as I know, stack updates may not be uninstalled directly. In the update detail information of some stack updates, there is a clear notice: "After you install this servicing stack update, you can't uninstall it to revert to an earlier version of servicing stack update." If you force Uninstalling updates quoted as “permanent” bears the risk, that further updates can’t be installed due to serious errors like STATUS_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT.  

I verified the Permanence property of KB4490628, we can't uninstall some updates because they are marked as permanent in their manifest file.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 18, 2019 2:33 AM
  • Read carefully:

Uninstalling ‘uninstallable’ Windows Updates

Rolf Lidvall, Swedish Radio (Ltd)

Monday, March 18, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:41 AM