Windows 10 cannot login to the domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am having a problem with logging in to the domain from few PCs using Windows 10. It shows a message like below:

“The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded”

I can log in to the local user without any problems. What's the solution? Help please!

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 5:48 AM

Answers

• @ Mr Happy & Michael Shao

Yes other PCs were able to login successfully. The ones which I saw this issue was upgraded from Win 7 and the others were stock Win 10. I guess the problem was with user profile. I had changed the system name before adding in to the domain, but it was not reflecting in the registry.

I didn't want to mess up with the registry, so I performed a clean install and it solved the issue. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:03 AM

All replies

• So a few PC's? So do other Windows 10 PC's login to the domain ok? If so what is the difference? Different OU for Group Policies? Different users? Different builds? Roaming profiles?

Does a clean build, i.e. DVD build in a blank OU work? The reason I ask not seen this issue, or seen this posted in these forums before so will need to drill down further and work out the issues.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 10:48 PM
  • Hi DeepuDJ,

Could you please share us more details about the domain profile here?

As the error message told, it seems that Windows 10 currently can't load the domain profile successfully.

This error mostly would be occurred when roaming profile or the mandatory profile is configured in domain.

Please verify Windows 10 could access the profile server successfully, and there is no issues connecting to the shares.

Some additional reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3056198

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 3:24 AM
  • @ Mr Happy & Michael Shao

Yes other PCs were able to login successfully. The ones which I saw this issue was upgraded from Win 7 and the others were stock Win 10. I guess the problem was with user profile. I had changed the system name before adding in to the domain, but it was not reflecting in the registry.

I didn't want to mess up with the registry, so I performed a clean install and it solved the issue. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:03 AM
  • Hi DeepuDJ,

Thanks for your update.

If any further questions, please post in TechNet.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 10:25 AM