What is the interaction between "Scheduled Tasks" and "Windows SteadyState"? RRS feed

• Question

• Short:  "Scheduled Tasks" control panel shows that neither of the scheduled CMD scripts has been processed for the Administrative user.

Details:
    • Morning - 6:30am M-Sa:  CMD script changes power settings to "always on" and downloads updated videos for screensaver.  (NOTE:  Is scheduled to run as an Administrative user.)
    • Whenever video screensaver kicks in, the videos play.
    • Evening - 8:30pm M-Sa:  CMD script changes power settings to "maximum conservation".  (NOTE:  Is scheduled to run as an Administrative user.)
    How do I re-enable this functionality or work around this problem?
    Monday, October 19, 2009 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Jontu Kontar, does the issue occur if we temporarily disable those restrictions in Windows SteadyState? I consider Windows SteadyState restrctions should not affect Scheduled Tasks.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, October 26, 2009 2:41 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jontu Kontar Monday, October 26, 2009 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jontu Kontar Monday, October 26, 2009 6:24 PM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Jontu Kontar, does the issue occur if we temporarily disable those restrictions in Windows SteadyState? I consider Windows SteadyState restrctions should not affect Scheduled Tasks.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, October 26, 2009 2:41 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jontu Kontar Monday, October 26, 2009 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jontu Kontar Monday, October 26, 2009 6:24 PM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:40 AM
  • It seems as though I had to alter the one of the scripts that I was using in order for it to work.  After making that adjustment, it seems to be processing the "Scheduled Tasks" correctly.  (Although, the computer still isn't working as I intend it to.  It processes the scripts but doesn't seem to apply or care about the changes being made.)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:24 PM