A PROBLEM WITH A TASKBAR POPUP SAYING A USB... IS NOTBEING DETECTED-IT DISAPPEARS BEFORE...WELL,HELP HELP RRS feed

• Question

• THISIS STRANGE,BUT IHAVE WINDO0WS7,AND ON THE TASKBAR-THIS BUBBLE POPS UP                ALOT,BUT DISAPPEARS BEFORE YOU CAN READ IT=SAYS USB ...NOT DETECTED..CLICK HERE,WHICH I DO,BUT NOTHING IS THERE  -IT APPEARS TO BE4 ABOUT MOUSE PROPERTIES-THE ONLY THING I SAW WHEN I CLICKED THE SYNAPTICS BOX,WAS IT SAID THAT KASPERSKY WAS THE MANU.,AND THERE WAS NO DIGITAL SIGNATURE....PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE HEARD OR EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS.                  
    • Changed type Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:54 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to know if you connect any USB device. Did you check USB drive in Device Manager?

I suggest disabing Kaspersky and performing clean boot to avioad any possiable blocking first. Then, please update your BIOS and reisntall USB controllers to check the result.

If the issue persists, try to verify the USB related registry.

1. Click the Start Button, type "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000} 

3. Right click the {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}  entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}), on the right pane, delete the upperfilter and lowerfilter entries if these strings are present.

5. Restart your computer and check if the problem disappears.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:54 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 10:01 AM