none
Server 2016 Fax Server Email Notifications

Question

• Hello,

I am having issues getting notification emails and inbound email routing to work on a 2016 Server running Fax Server.  I have confirmed email works using the same settings I have set in there, and it's worked a couple times, but most of the time the email never even makes it to the outbound server.

When I check the event viewer logs SMTP routing is failing but I know the settings are correct.  I can send plain text emails from the server with the same settings.  I just keep getting the following error:

Unable to route fax C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Queue\1D3FEA972E450.tif to the requested e-mail address.

The following error occurred: 0x8004020E
     This error code indicates the cause of the error.

Check the SMTP server configuration, and correct any anomalies.

I am positive the settings are correct and the server can send email, but this error keeps occurring.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a article about your error,please refer to it.

http://www.eventid.net/display-eventid-32083-source-Microsoft%20Fax-eventno-5097-phase-1.htm

Or try to disable firewall for test.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:15 AM
  • Unfortunately that didn't work.  I have disabled the firewall and the antivirus, neither fixed the issue
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:05 PM
  • I found an article that references a command line fix -

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/a2317e2c-74c0-4233-80ae-13668c7816aa/problems-routing-faxes-through-email?forum=winserverprint

It does not, however list the command.  Does anyone out there know what it is?

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:13 PM
  • Some new information - apparently every once in a while it works, so the settings are definitely correct and nothing's blocking it.  Routing just fails on the server most of the time without even trying to send anything out
    Monday, June 18, 2018 12:53 PM