none
Project Online Project Server 2013 - Document Library - Open with Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am currently testing some basic features of Project Online. I noticed that when clicking 'Open with Explorer' in any Document Library, it comes up with an error stating that 'We're having a problem opening this location in File Explorer. Add this website to your Trusted Sites list and try again."

The site is already added to the trusted sites list. I am not sure if there are additional configuration required.

I saw this issue with PS2010 also, but thought it would be resolved in PS2013.

Any help to resolve this issue will be highly appreciated as always!

Thanks,

SJ

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:15 AM

All replies

• SJ,

Try lowering security level of "Trusted sites" to low.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your response. Sorry, but that didn't resolve the issue. I tried accessing the some of the SP and PS Document libraries using Chrome and noticed that 'Open with Explorer' is greyed out.

Regards,

SJ

• Edited by SJ_PPM Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:33 AM
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:12 AM
  • I have noticed this error only for the first time. Once error appears on screen and click ok, when I tried again, I was able to view documents in explorer.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:17 PM
  • Yeah. I tried that and it still didn't work for me.

Thought it was a "feature" of IE10 so tried it on another computer with IE9 and same issue.

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:03 AM