Sharepoint "Sign In As Different User" via IAG? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm publishing a Sharepoint 2007 site through IAG 2007 SP2 Update1.  The Sharepoint "Sign in as different user" functionality is apparently really important to them - is it possible to still use this?  No matter how I publish the site (portal or basic trunk), clicking on the link results in the "You do not have permissions to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied." error.

So, if it's not possible to use, is there any other alternative process or do I just tell them they have to log out and log back in each time?

Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:19 AM

Answers

• Hi all. Another feasible way to do it is to "allow the user to manage credentials" in the IAG portal. This way the user can manually  add more users to the repository. When the auto-reply takes place IAG should ask the user what credentials she wants to give back to SharePoint (though I am not sure that once the user has selected one of them she can re-select again for subsquent authentication requests or not)

Hope it helps
    // Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:05 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Per,

AFAIK its not possible. Since IAG is configured for Auto 401 reply, When the sign in as different user he gets the 401 then IAG try to answer it, since this is the same user so you get the error message. Only workaround I think is to disable the auto reply but User has to enter credentails again.

thanks,
    Faisal :>
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:52 AM
  • My client also had the same request and we confirmed that we can't change the current functionality.   Our solution was to have the "Sign in as different user" option log the user off of IAG instead of SharePoint.

Thanks
    Dennis

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:23 PM
  • Hi all. Another feasible way to do it is to "allow the user to manage credentials" in the IAG portal. This way the user can manually  add more users to the repository. When the auto-reply takes place IAG should ask the user what credentials she wants to give back to SharePoint (though I am not sure that once the user has selected one of them she can re-select again for subsquent authentication requests or not)

Hope it helps
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:05 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:50 PM

Hope it helps

Unfortunately this doesn't work - I get the same error, and the prompt for which credentials to give to Sharepoint only occurs the first time you access Sharepoint - after that it's always the same.

Thanks anyway.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:09 AM