Sharepoint 2007 - Update Alerts Going To Random User RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to this forum am relativly new to sharepoint. I have set up a Task page and enabled alerts for assigned to. This is working correctly and only the user the task is assigned to gets the initail email. However when anyone updates the task the email goes to a number of users not just the assigned uers. There are no workflows setup. The below notification should only have gone to the user without the line through there name. Is there anyway to change this?

Thank you

SSC Service Desk

Mobile Working Service Documenta... has been reassigned

Modify my alert settings

|

View Mobile Working Service Documenta...

|

View Service Desk Tasks

Title:

Mobile Working Service Documentation

Priority:

(1) High

Task Status:

Waiting on someone else

% Complete:

75%

Assigned To:

Bancroft, Sarah; Bowles, Claire; Wood, Steve; Rimmalapudi, Rama; Brown, Jerome; Eaton, Ben; Eve, Tony; Finck, Amy; Hothi, Dinesh; Johnston, Michael; Llewellyn , Paul; Lowey, Nathan; Shipp, Jamie; Adlam, Paul; Eaton, Sam; Harber, Shelley; Laplain, Peter; Lister,... Bancroft, Sarah

Edited

Description:

Please ensure each item under Mobile Working Service on the 2nd line skills matrix has a corresponding Work Instruction. If one does not exist please create it.

Start Date:

17/05/2011

Due Date:

03/06/2011

Category:

SD Task

Progress Comments:

75% complete. Awaitning a decision\approval for the new RSA documents

Edited

Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check the alerts settings of the list. From your description it seems that the users who are getting alerts might has subscribed for the alerts (When an item is addded).

You can also check the same by going to Site settings and then user alerts and there you can select a user to find out the alerts he has subscribed it.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:45 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:27 AM