problem with e-mail address not coming: Emails from specific address not showing in any mailbox but can find them using search for sender RRS feed

• Question

• When I want to send an email and when I was in Outlook POP3, I was just typing the first name and automatically the full e-mail address was found. Now I switched to IMAP and it is not possible anymore?  Is there something I could do.  
    Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using an Outlook desktop client?

What you said should be Autocomplete function of Oultook client.

In this situation, please firstly confirm whether you have enabled the Auto-Complete feature: File > Options > Mail > Send Messages > Make sure you have checked "Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines".

Then Outlook builds the Auto-Complete List by saving the names and addresses you've previously used when sending messages(You have changed POP to IMAP). So if you have not manually entered the address before, there will be no full address popup. Please try manually entering a email address and send it. Then you should see this address when you type in "To" field next time.

For more information, please refer to this article: Manage suggested recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes with Auto-Complete

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 7:22 AM