none
DN Rename events in OpenLDAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have been working with FIM/MIM for three years and am quite comfortable with interactions with Active Directory, however recently in a test lab I have been trying to get MIM to communicate with OpenLDAP in the same manner.  I have successfully got it creating users, but when it comes to modifying a cn/dn (due to a name change for example) I get no end in issues. 

I am using MIM 2016 SP1: Sync Service 4.4.1302.0 and the Generic LDAP (Microsoft) downloadable connector/MA.

Here are my OpenLDAP sync rules:

The initial export to OpenLDAP looks fine and there were no MA errors:

The import and sync back from the OpenLDAP MA was also fine.

I am using a MySQL connector for the data source.  I go into the database and modify the first name from James to Jim for our actor.  When I go to perform an Import and then a Sync from this MySQL connector I get this error:

Is it simply that the way I have my sync rules set up does not allow the MA to modify the dn?  I have tried a range of different sync rule configurations with no success.

The RFC 4511 documentation specifies that to modify a DN you need to issue the following command.  It could be that the connector is not issuing/cannot issue this?

ModifyDNRequest ::= [APPLICATION 12] SEQUENCE {

entry           LDAPDN,

newrdn          RelativeLDAPDN,

deleteoldrdn    BOOLEAN,

newSuperior     [0] LDAPDN OPTIONAL }

Thanks for looking and please let me know if there is specific config that you need to see.

Matt

Friday, March 31, 2017 1:29 AM