Excel - MSRA Auto Refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Excel 2016 and MSRA plugin to generate Excel Report from a data source.

Every time I have to open the excel file and need to refresh the MSRA data manually. 

Please let me know Is there any ways to do a auto refresh of MSRA in excel file.

Thanks,

Rakeshkumar Devaraj

Monday, September 3, 2018 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I need more detailed information to help you analyze this problem.
    >>I am using Excel 2016 and MSRA plugin to generate Excel Report from a data source.
    What is the MSRA plugin you said? The Microsoft Reports Analytics (MSRA)? What is this data source? 
    >> Every time I have to open the excel file and need to refresh the MSRA data manually.
    How did you create link to the data source? Could you describe your entire operation in detail?
    If you have any question about Office, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:11 AM
  • Hi  Herb Gu,

>>I am using Excel 2016 and MSRA plugin to generate Excel Report from a data source.

What is the MSRA plugin you said?           à Add-Ins which is added in the Excel file.

The Microsoft Reports Analytics (MSRA)?              à Yes

What is this data source?              à We have received MSRA excel file which contains the source connected and generated report already. The data source information is not shared with us.

>> Every time I have to open the excel file and need to refresh the MSRA data manually.

How did you create link to the data source?         à The link has been already created by the end user and shared only the Excel file.

Could you describe your entire operation in detail?          

è We have access to refresh the data from the source in the MSRA excel. But we don’t have options to view the actual data source.

è Every day we are opening the excel file –> MSRA tab –> Refresh button to refresh the data in the excel file and saving the excel file for the latest data.

è We are trying to open the excel file automatically and MSRA –> Refresh then save the excel and close the excel file, through SSIS script task. Need guidance to do this operation.

Thanks,

Rakeshkumar Devaraj

Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:39 AM
  • Hi  Herb Gu,

What is the MSRA plugin you said?           à Add-Ins which is added in the Excel file.

The Microsoft Reports Analytics (MSRA)?              à Yes

What is this data source?              à We have received MSRA excel file which contains the source connected and generated report already. The data source information is not shared with us.

How did you create link to the data source?         à The link has been already created by the end user and shared only the Excel file.

Could you describe your entire operation in detail?          

è We have access to refresh the data from the source in the MSRA excel. But we don’t have options to view the actual data source.

è Every day we are opening the excel file –> MSRA tab –> Refresh button to refresh the data in the excel file and saving the excel file for the latest data.

è We are trying to open the excel file automatically and MSRA –> Refresh then save the excel and close the excel file, through SSIS script task. Need guidance to do this operation.

Thanks,

Rakeshkumar Devaraj

I am also seeking an answer for this and am keen to save time in our rhythm of business by utilising VBA to automatically refresh MSRA.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Hi, <o:p></o:p>

How are you applying the filters to run the query? Are you using the Pivot on the right side or the menu in the MSRA bar?<o:p></o:p>

Regarding the auto refresh I think you can try to check the Pivot Table Options (by clicking with the right button on the pivot) and choose to refresh once file is open. I think that the better option would be to automatically run the report every time you need (daily/weekly/monthly basis) through schedule report + auto refresh pivot in the Pivot Table Options. 

If you need to have the filters fixed always in the same parameters you may use the MSRA menu bar and then go throught the next steps.<o:p></o:p>

Once you have the MSRA filters settled, you go to the PivotTable fields on the right of your excel screen, select schedule option and configure to run in the timeline as you need to. Then you go to the pivot data, click with the right button and select Pivot Table Options -> Data -> Refresh data when opening the file. <o:p></o:p>

I guess it helps you. Let me know if it works. <o:p></o:p>

Kind regards

Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:03 PM