none
error enabling PWASite command RRS feed

  • Question

  • hello im running this code

    on Sharepoint 2016

    Enable-SPFeature pwasite -URL http://wk12dgpprj01:37942/sites/****

    and getting this error

    Enable-SPFeature : The Project Content database Extension has not been Provisioned for this content database.

    at line:1 char:1

    +Enable-SPFeature pwasite -URL http://wk12dgpprj01:37942/sites/****

    + categoryInfo : invalidDATA<Microsoft.Share....EtEnableFEature:SPCmdletEnaleFeature> [Enable-SPFeature], SPExeption

    +FullyQualifiedError ID : Microsoft.sharepoint.powershell.spcmdletenablefeature.


    • Edited by crivera09 Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:41 PM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:25 PM

Answers

  • Hi

    our issue has successfullybeen solved after some fights with Microsoft Support.

    The correct syntax to check and enable the Project Server database extension is:

    $svc=[Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService]::ContentService 
    
    [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Database.Extension")
    
    $svc.RegisteredDatabaseExtensionTypes.EnsureAdded([Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Database.Extension.ProjectDatabaseExtension])
    
    $svc.Update($true)

    This should not be necessary after RTM and we do not know what happened, but we had the issue with current binaries.

    After the database exension was enabled successfully, new content databases got provisioned with the Project Server schema extension. Existing databases needed a dismount/mount to get fixed.

    And after that also the migration command was executed successfully.

    Kind regards

    Christoph



    Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

    Monday, October 15, 2018 6:31 PM

All replies

  • This looks like you are enabling the SharePoint central site.  The site is typically port 80 and a SharePoint site has already been created.    Make sure that sharePoint site collection has been created and then try enabling using the URL of the site collection.

    Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:36 PM
    Moderator
  • Did you enable the project license key prior to running command?

    Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:38 PM
    Moderator
  • yes.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:17 PM
  • can you supply the PowerShell command that you used for building project server?

    Why are you using port :37942?

    My suggestion is to setup a managed path called "PWA" and create site collection from there.


    Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:56 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi

    any news on your issue? We currently have the same issue here. Already opened a support call but until now there is not real progress.

    Everything else in the web is saying that this was an issue pre RTM version. But we have here the RTM bits plus August 2018 CU installed.

    What we just found out is that on the SQL server the CLR was NOT enabled. We did that now and it did not change anything yet. But it might be possible that this blocked something in the process. Do you have CLR enabled on your SQL box?

    Thanks and kind regards

    Christoph


    Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany


    • Edited by Christoph Muelder Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:05 PM added SQL CLR information
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:52 PM
  • Is this PWA created as blank database or was PWA created from migration?

    SharePoint should be running in its own instance of SQL server and not sharing with other systems.  The installation changes the SQL Server MAX Parallelism to 1.


    Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:27 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi

    our issue has successfullybeen solved after some fights with Microsoft Support.

    The correct syntax to check and enable the Project Server database extension is:

    $svc=[Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService]::ContentService 
    
    [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Database.Extension")
    
    $svc.RegisteredDatabaseExtensionTypes.EnsureAdded([Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Database.Extension.ProjectDatabaseExtension])
    
    $svc.Update($true)

    This should not be necessary after RTM and we do not know what happened, but we had the issue with current binaries.

    After the database exension was enabled successfully, new content databases got provisioned with the Project Server schema extension. Existing databases needed a dismount/mount to get fixed.

    And after that also the migration command was executed successfully.

    Kind regards

    Christoph



    Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

    Monday, October 15, 2018 6:31 PM
  • Thanks Chris for posting solution.

    Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:39 AM
    Moderator