none
Problems with Issues and Risk lists and summary RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have a EPM 2007 deployment and i'm having a hard time with the issues and risks lists... You see, if i create a new risk or issue assigned to me, when i go to the root web of the pwa, it says that I have no risks or issues assigned to me!!!

I thought it might be happening because of some list or site customization, so i created a new project using the default template (providade by MS, the very basic one...) and created new risks and issues, but the error remain...

Can anyone help?

Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:52 PM

Answers

• This is not a bug. Can you run the following SQL queries against the Project Server reporting database:

-- query 1
    -- update the resource name for the correct resource, copy the ResourceUID
    -- execute against the Project Server Reporting database
    Select		ResourceName
    		,	ResourceUID
    from		MSP_EpmResource_UserView
    where		ResourceName like '%Joe Bloggs%' -- update for correct resource name

-- query 2
    -- update the RES_UID with the correct UID taken from the first query		
    exec MSP_WSS_ReadResourceIssues @RES_UID='0459F7BA-5F39-45D8-8AAF-FEA79CD789FD' --update for correct ResourceUID
    exec MSP_WSS_ReadResourceRisks @RES_UID='0459F7BA-5F39-45D8-8AAF-FEA79CD789FD'  --update for correct ResourceUID

Firstly run query 1 to get the your resource UID, replace the RES_UID GUID in query 2 with your resourceUID then run qeury 2 - these are both run against the Project Server reporting database. Confirm that you have Issues and Risks returned and that the status is (1) Active

By the way, these are the stored procedures that are executed to provide the Issues and Risks data to the Reminders web part.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Have you republised the new test project then rechecked the PWA homepage?

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Just republished it... it did not work
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:16 PM
  • What the publish job successful in the Project Server queue? Were the test issues and risks status set to "(1) Active"?

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Publication went fine (i checked in another pc with another user acc) and yes the risk is active! any chance it's a bug?
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:48 PM
  • This is not a bug. Can you run the following SQL queries against the Project Server reporting database:

-- query 1
    -- update the resource name for the correct resource, copy the ResourceUID
    Select		ResourceName
    		,	ResourceUID
    from		MSP_EpmResource_UserView
    where		ResourceName like '%Joe Bloggs%' -- update for correct resource name

-- query 2
    -- update the RES_UID with the correct UID taken from the first query		
    exec MSP_WSS_ReadResourceIssues @RES_UID='0459F7BA-5F39-45D8-8AAF-FEA79CD789FD' --update for correct ResourceUID
    exec MSP_WSS_ReadResourceRisks @RES_UID='0459F7BA-5F39-45D8-8AAF-FEA79CD789FD'  --update for correct ResourceUID

Firstly run query 1 to get the your resource UID, replace the RES_UID GUID in query 2 with your resourceUID then run qeury 2 - these are both run against the Project Server reporting database. Confirm that you have Issues and Risks returned and that the status is (1) Active

By the way, these are the stored procedures that are executed to provide the Issues and Risks data to the Reminders web part.

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:11 PM