none
RDP on Vista Machine wont connect to any TS Server. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to user RDP on a vista machine to connect to one of my TS servers. Server OS's are Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 no other machine in the org has this issue. Client machines range from xp to windows 8 even have mac, linux, droids, and iOS devices connecting with out this issue. In this same office none of the other machines have this office so it's not something on the router or in the infrastructure. The problem is specific to this machine. When I start up rdp and I go to connect to one of our servers it pops up right away saying "Remote desktop can't connect to the remote computers for one of the following reasons...blah blah blah." As if the vista machine cannot find the remote computer. But it happens so fast it's almost as if the machine didn't try at all. On top of that I've tried remoting into the vista machine using bomgar and teamviewer from my laptop. Neither would get me into it. Bomgar wouldn't past the part where it tries to connect the bomgar box and when I installed teamviewer it says it's not connected to the team viewer servers. The vista machine obviously has internet that's how I downloaded the apps to begin with. I've download all vista updates, released and renewed the ip lease. It's all set to automatic. I also downloaded the latest version of rdp for vista x86, went to install it and it responded with "this update does not apply to this system." I am absolutly positive that I'm running Vista 32bit and that I downloaded the right version. I'm running out of idea's and since the cd has gone missing I'm not looking to reformat. I know I know it sounds easy but since I don't have the media it's not so easy! 

MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+

Monday, April 8, 2013 5:07 PM

All replies

• As an update I just ran Netsh command, rebooted, and nothing. Same problem. 

MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP CompTIA A+ CompTIA Net+ CompTIA Sec+

Monday, April 8, 2013 5:27 PM