none
HIS 2006 with VS 2005 - Transaction cannot be edited - Locked RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am trying to make some changes to an old transaction using VS 2005 and HIS 2006. In other computers it works fine, but in another one (mine), all transactions, methods and structures have a small "lock" added to the icons, and all options are grayed out. I have searched everywhere, but I can't find anything that looks even remotely related to this. How can I "unlock" the project so I can modify something?

Thank you for your help

Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:40 AM

Answers

• Is that particular object registered in the TI Manager? If so, try deleting it there and then re-opening in Designer.

Rob

Friday, June 1, 2012 2:22 AM

All replies

• i am not expert on this..but this is the article says.....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa744738(v=bts.10).aspx

To lock or unlock a component definition in HIS Designer

1. Start HIS Designer, and open a TI component.

2. In the console tree, right-click the component's interface, and then click Lock or Unlock.

Context-sensitive Help is available for all properties.

Some tiem you may wants to veryfy that if that built in other version of VS TI designer...or not...

Sometime if the object currently get referenced by some other application..it does that....

sometime there is no lock/unlock sign..but when we try to import/export Host Definition/Library/XML document....those option get disabled...

Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:41 PM
  • Thank you for your answer. I saw that, but when I right-click, the Unlock option is grayed out too.
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:52 PM
  • ok...can you open the directory where that TI designer object files located......and select all and right click..open properties....and uncheck read-only.

Now..open the project and see whther that lock/unlock option is enabled for you or not.....

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:01 PM
  • That was the first thing I thought of, and didn't work. I just tried again to make sure, same result. Unlock is grayed out, and I can't change anything

A different transaction within the same project can be changed, though

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Is that particular object registered in the TI Manager? If so, try deleting it there and then re-opening in Designer.

Rob

Friday, June 1, 2012 2:22 AM
  • OK, that solved the problem. Thank you so much

Friday, June 1, 2012 7:50 AM