Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection error RRS feed

• Question

• Receiving this error on multiple Windows XP service pack 3 computers:

Faulting application FPMAgent.exe, version 2.0.2528.0, faulting module ole32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x00120f3b.

Has anyone else seen it?  If so, what is it and what is the fixed?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:35 PM

Answers

• Haven't seen any such issue.  FPMAgent.exe is part of what was the stirling beta so I would recommend that you open a case with our support engineers to investigate it as this is not part of FCSv1 and is not a product that is commonly seen.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    • Marked as answer by RobertShawn Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:41 PM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:39 AM
  • Indeed.  Just to elaborate a bit on Kurt’s post.  As part of the FEP beta program, you should have access to both a connect website and direct contact with our beta support engineers.  Please use those avenues for support so that we can get hands on with the problem.

Additionally, as part of this issue, if you have the full eventlog entry which contains a bucket ID, that would be most helpful in tracking down the cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Craig

Forefront Client Security Support
    • Marked as answer by RobertShawn Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:40 PM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:58 PM

All replies

• Haven't seen any such issue.  FPMAgent.exe is part of what was the stirling beta so I would recommend that you open a case with our support engineers to investigate it as this is not part of FCSv1 and is not a product that is commonly seen.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    • Marked as answer by RobertShawn Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:41 PM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:39 AM
  • Indeed.  Just to elaborate a bit on Kurt’s post.  As part of the FEP beta program, you should have access to both a connect website and direct contact with our beta support engineers.  Please use those avenues for support so that we can get hands on with the problem.

Additionally, as part of this issue, if you have the full eventlog entry which contains a bucket ID, that would be most helpful in tracking down the cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Craig

Forefront Client Security Support
    • Marked as answer by RobertShawn Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:40 PM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:58 PM