the cursor RRS feed

• Question

• When I point the cursor, there is a little blue circle that keeps going round and round
    Monday, May 18, 2015 1:52 PM

Answers

• Try a clean boot just to enusre that its not caused due to a 3rd party app

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/929135

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Friday, May 22, 2015 12:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:41 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2015 11:01 PM
  • Hi Devin

I agree with above suggestions.

In my opinion, I considered that it’s a performance issue.

If the issue doesn’t appear under Clean Boot as arnavsharma mentioned, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic half services.

Also, if the issue just happened recently, try to restore the system back to the point when the system worked fine.

For further troubleshooting, you can check the task manager to see if there is any process occupied much CPU usage. Try to close this process or remove the related applications to check the results.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Devin93,

The blue circle usually means that your computer is loading something, or an application that you're using has encountered a problem and keeps running.

Alternatively, you or someone else who has access to your PC could have changed the default cursor to the busy cursor. You can check if this is the case by going to Control Panel, navigating to Mouse, and clicking on Pointers. You can either manually set a different pointer there or set to default.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as helpful if they help, or as answers if they answer your question. Please also unmark the answers if they provide no help.

Zach Roberts
    Independent Microsoft Community Support Advisor
    Disclaimer: I don't work for Microsoft. Any advice given is my own and does not represent Microsoft.

Follow me on Twitter: @WindowsZach

• Edited by --Zach Monday, May 18, 2015 2:18 PM
    Monday, May 18, 2015 2:18 PM
  • Try a clean boot just to enusre that its not caused due to a 3rd party app

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/929135

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 18, 2015 11:01 PM
  • Hi Devin

I agree with above suggestions.

In my opinion, I considered that it’s a performance issue.

If the issue doesn’t appear under Clean Boot as arnavsharma mentioned, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic half services.

Also, if the issue just happened recently, try to restore the system back to the point when the system worked fine.

For further troubleshooting, you can check the task manager to see if there is any process occupied much CPU usage. Try to close this process or remove the related applications to check the results.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:57 AM
  • based on your description, I suggest you contact some one who familiar with troubleshooting PC

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:23 AM