netlogon envent Id 5722 in server 2003 DC RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed in domain event viewer, 

Source:Netlogon

Event Id: 5722:

Description : the session setup from the computer DAFILES failed to authenticate. The names of the account reference in the security database is Dafiles$. The following error occurred. Access is denied.

This dafiles is a member server 2008 R2 and joined to domain and which is hosting Vmware server 2.0 on this and it was joined to domain server 2003, 

DAFILEs is host server vmware installed on it hosting server 2003 DC and exchange server 2003 on this.

now i noticed in domain  a netlogon error is triggering  event ID:5722.

i dont know why it happened and there is no changes in the domain, now i am planning to migrate domain server 2003 to 2008 std today, 

please let me know how to fix this issue

Friday, February 19, 2010 1:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It might be that the computer accounts themselves are corrupt. You can test by removing the computer from the domain, delete the computer account,
    then add the computer back to the domain and let the computer account be recreated.

You can also refer the followling article to troubleshoot this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216393
    Thomas77
    Friday, February 19, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hi thomas, 

my environment is bit different:

on this computer (Dafiles, the os i used is  Server 2008 R2), i Joined this as a member server long back, i am getting the error since from one month, in this computer I have 5 hdd  and 1 TB in capacity each   i installed vmware server 2.0  and hosted server 2003 dc on one drive and the other drive has exchange server 2003 running , and rest of the drives are shared drives for internal users,

if i remove and rejoin this computer makes mess around the domain and exchange, i cant restart this computer anymore the reason is it has got vmware and running DC and exchange servers in this.

If I reset this computer by using AD users and computer > select this computer and reset this computer from there.
    1. IS this fixes my problem ?
    2. if yes do i need to reboot the system to changes to effect?

Please clarify my doubts

T
    Friday, February 19, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Hello,

Could you let me know. The issue creates some troubles for you? I've this issus. But I don't create troubles in my office.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:17 AM