an error occurred during the Skype meeting RRS feed

• Question

• HI all,

I just deployed a new Site in US and everything is working except meeting from external network.

If user is in company network they can click Join meeting and successfully connect.

If they are outside company network it fails with "an error occurred during the Skype meeting".

Invited external users experience same issue.

Been searching the net and done the following:

Disabled ipv6 on Edge and FE server.

Run register fix to disable IPV6 on both servers

Also tried this on IIS: http://blog.armgasys.com/?p=463

Checked that required ports are open, can even telnet from outside.

If I create Meet now and add external user in, it works.

What am I missing?

thanks!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, April 18, 2016 11:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks all,

binding did not help either. In the end we had to create additional TMG rule for US external webservices. Then on the FrontEnd server in US we requested a new cert where subjectname is external name of Webservices for US site.

Now everything works fine.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Marked as answer by Off2work Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Joining the Lync online meeting externally is managed by the Reverse Proxy. You need to publish simple URLs using reverse proxy. Are you able to resolve meet.yoursipdomain.com and telnet to this name/IP externally?

Worth to check when you try to join the lync meeting externally, where the traffic is hitting from your external F/W? Is the traffic getting routed from the external F/W---> Reverse Proxy/ HLB--->Internal Pool?

This will help you to understand where the issue is. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Imrul

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:04 AM
  • Hi all and thanks for your replies.

Was a bit late and after long troubleshooting that I posted this post.

We have SiteA and SiteB, where siteA is in Europe and SiteB is in US.

Meeting is working fine for SiteA users(internal and external)

Meeting is working only on internal network, but fails for external network for SiteB users.

Webservices for SiteB is pointing to same TMG rule in SiteA, with added lyncwebextus.domain.com in certificate and published name. Testing this rule om TMG is working fine.

On US frontend server(collocated Mediation role) it complains that it cannot connect to EdgeserverUS over port 8057. I can telnet this port from frontendUS to EdgeUS fine.

EventID on FrontendUS is :

No connectivity with one of the Web Conferencing Edge Servers.

EventID 41024

EventID on EdgeUS is:

Web Conferencing Server disconnected

Connection from Web Conferencing Server from edgeus.domain.local disconnected.

EventID 42001

Both servers been patched with latest windows update and rebooted multiple times without any help.

• Edited by Off2work Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:01 AM Edit
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:58 AM
  • Hi, 

As you have attempted  , blogs are directing to disable IPv6 and reboot. Did you also try to change the binding order of NIC cards on the Edge 

Linus

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:18 PM
  • Thanks all,

binding did not help either. In the end we had to create additional TMG rule for US external webservices. Then on the FrontEnd server in US we requested a new cert where subjectname is external name of Webservices for US site.

Now everything works fine.

• Marked as answer by Off2work Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:28 PM