My Views in ProClarity Desktop Professional - Backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Everytime i have PC reinstalled I loose My Views and I have to create them again. I have chosen to store them locally since we do not use a huge interface and do not do massive data mining operations

Can you please tell me what files to backup? Might also help me to transfer views to my colleagues working on the same line :)

Thanks a lot,
    Gabi
    Friday, October 23, 2009 1:54 PM

All replies

• Gabi,

You'll want to back up the data in the C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\ProClarity\Client folder or c:\users\myusername\appdata\(local, local low or roaming)\ProClarity\Client on the newer OSs.  You can also save your My Views to a BBK file before reinstalling your PC.

-Joey

Friday, October 23, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry to butt in here, but are My Views not stored in the PAS database in ProClarity 6.3? We are just about to update to 6.3 from 6.2, and this could be important.

Thanks in advance,
    Les
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:10 AM
  • The answer is "it depends".  There is a property in the Professional client found under the File | Options menu called "Read My Views from" with the options of Local Computer or Server. If you have accessed the ProClarity Professional (Web Professional) from the PAS home page, then this property gets set to "Server" automatically.  However, the default setting is "Local Computer" for the Desktop Professional (ProClarity.exe).  You can also manually change the property as desired.  So if all of your users access the Professional client from the PAS home page you should be fine.  For those that are running the Desktop Professional though, they could be storing My Views in either place.  When in doubt, check the property.

-Jason  
    • Proposed as answer by Les R Monday, November 23, 2009 5:43 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:08 AM
  • Jason,

Thanks - we use Web Professional exclusively, so it seems they will remain on the server. I will keep an eye on it!

Les
    Les
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:45 AM