locked
Site Search does not work in SharePoint 2010, but enterprise search works RRS feed

  • Question

  • My enterprise search works in my new SharePoint setup, but I cannot get the site search to work.  It looks like some suggestions are to delete and recreate my Search Service Application.  I don't really want to do that since the enterprise search does work.  Any other ideas?  I don't know how to tell where my search on the site is pointing to.  Maybe I just need to change where this box is referencing.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:03 PM

Answers

  • I just noticed this happening to me. 

    I got it to work by changing my top level search settings. 

    My symptoms were text entered in Search this site produced no results on Enterprise Search results page (People were displayed).  Clicking Magnifying glass (with text brought across from Search this Site) on the Enterprise Search site, and the results were returned as expected.

    Site Actions > Site Settings
    Site Collection Administration -> Go to top level site settings
    Site Collection Administration -> Search Settings

    Site Collection Search dropdown mode:  I changed to "Do not show scopes dropdown, and default to target results page".

    Search from "Search this Site..." now produces results when redirected to the Enterprise search Site.

    I should point out that I had a custom search page for branding branding purposes.

     



    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:46 PM

All replies

  • Do you have any alternate accessing mappings setup for the site you are trying to search? 

     

    Thanks

    V


    V
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:20 PM
  • I just noticed this happening to me. 

    I got it to work by changing my top level search settings. 

    My symptoms were text entered in Search this site produced no results on Enterprise Search results page (People were displayed).  Clicking Magnifying glass (with text brought across from Search this Site) on the Enterprise Search site, and the results were returned as expected.

    Site Actions > Site Settings
    Site Collection Administration -> Go to top level site settings
    Site Collection Administration -> Search Settings

    Site Collection Search dropdown mode:  I changed to "Do not show scopes dropdown, and default to target results page".

    Search from "Search this Site..." now produces results when redirected to the Enterprise search Site.

    I should point out that I had a custom search page for branding branding purposes.

     



    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:46 PM
  • I have the same issue... the fix above worked to bring up search results, but I would like to be able to have the scopes drop down to the contextual scope.  ...not pushing it to the enterprise results.  

    We do not have a custom search page, but I did make a change in sites from http:// to https:// a while back, and recently re-indexed.  I'm wondering if the old index pointed to the old mapping...maybe that is causing some issues.  I am having problems solving a few other issues since that change was made.  I'm looking into the alternate access mappings.

    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:27 PM