how do I save as .pdf? RRS feed

• Question

• In Word 2003 I have a big Word doc w/pictures.  In order to email it I need to save it as a .pdf.  how do I do that?
    Friday, December 30, 2011 6:44 PM

Answers

• Hi ShohoAnn,

In Word 2003 & earlier, you need a 3rd-party app. Some, such as CutePDF, work like a printer driver and you 'print' the PDF; others, like Adobe Acrobat Pro, do that and provide additional tools for saving in the PDF format.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]
    Friday, December 30, 2011 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hi ShohoAnn,

In Word 2003 & earlier, you need a 3rd-party app. Some, such as CutePDF, work like a printer driver and you 'print' the PDF; others, like Adobe Acrobat Pro, do that and provide additional tools for saving in the PDF format.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]
    Friday, December 30, 2011 9:07 PM
  • I recommend PDFCreator program. You can uses it as a virtual printer.
    You can also program it et VBA's action.

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful

Monday, January 2, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Hi,

Many third-party providers listed on the Office Marketplace Web site provide converters that do this. Check the listings for providers that offer PDF-to-Word conversion.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/downloads-marketplace-categories-FX102300516.aspx?Category=CL102416887&CTT=5&origin=HA001168333#last=;Index=0

Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

Best Regards,

William Zhou CHN

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:11 AM