none
Win10Pro update kb3081444 error 0x8e5e03fa RRS feed

• Question

• This looks to be an old error from back when VISTA was the OS of the day. I've been trying to download and install this critical update since 5:15pm and still no go, the world proclaims this to be a critical update and it won't download. Getting no where fast. It keeps giving me the error in the title and THIS IS ON ACTIVATED WIN 10 PRO.  Any help would be appreciated..This is what I have been doing:

Open Start, go to settings, go to update, click on check for update, and it finds the update but then will not download it and this error pops up.  Can it be duplicated have done it x4 so far with same result.  Have searched for the update but cannot find the download site for the update, I have 4 systems here and two remotely that needs it.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from previous OS or is it a Clean install?

Regarding Windows Update issue try the following:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:32 AM
  • I have the exact same error on a Surface 3 that I upgraded from Windows 8.1.  Very, very frustrating...

--- Rich

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 11:28 PM
  • Same thing happening to me.  No working fix from Microsoft yet? 
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 9:10 PM
  • I finally gave up waiting.  I ran a Recovery / "Reset My PC" saving my data.  It took several hours and anouther sevral hours to reinstall all my apps.  What a "PITA!"

I hope you have better luck!

--- Rich

Saturday, August 22, 2015 9:14 PM
  • Same thing happening to me.  No working fix from Microsoft yet? 

So have you tried to reset the Windows Update components to resolve your issue?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 28, 2015 8:41 AM