Single Sign On Issue with 1803 build RRS feed

• Question

• We have IBM Notes 9 with Single Sign On deployed on our office machines running Windows 10.  Since the update to 1803 build we have found that the Sign On fails -- prompting the user that their Windows Password and IBM Notes passwords do not match.

We have found that if the user "Sign's Out" and then sign's back in -- and reload IBM Notes the single sign on functions correctly.  We have also found that Windows 10 updates wipe the IBM Single Sign On registry entries but have a fix to reactivate.

Any thoughts from the MS tech community on how to resolve so that the primary sign in password is captured correctly to match the identical IBM Notes password.

Thanks

Murray Croft

Friday, October 12, 2018 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post in our forum.

As your description, you have some issue with SSO on IBM Note? If I misunderstood, please feel free to correct me.

How about other functions with SSO, did they also have the issue?

Try to re-type the user credential to see if the issue still happen.

1. Open Credential Manager

2. And click Windows Credentials

3. And find SSO credential

4. Remove and Edit again

Or try to re-configure the SSO on the windows to see if it helps.

Hope above information can help you.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Otto Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by otto wang Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:07 AM
    Monday, October 15, 2018 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Otto Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Otto Wang

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:08 AM
  • Hi Otto -- sorry for the slow response -- the forum isn't automatically emailing me -- I will need to sort that out.

I have followed your suggestion and in the Credential Manager there is only 1 SSO entry:

SSO_POP_Device -- this has no option to edit the password credential

Also we have just purchased a new Lenovo machine which has Windows 10 Home build Version 1709 and this user is experiencing the same issue. 

1. Log In to Microsoft account (Local Machine)

2. Enter Password.

3. Open IBM Notes client -- receive prompt that the Windows Password & Notes password do not match

4. Exit IBM Notes

5. Sign Out of Windows & immediately Sign In again

6. Load IBM Notes -- and the SSO process runs as expected.

One thought -- we are NOT using our Microsoft Account to manage our Laptop but a traditional local machine account -- and in both cases the PW for the Microsoft AC & the Local Machine PW are different.  Is this the problem ???

Look forward to your feedback

Murray

Sunday, October 28, 2018 4:38 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry for the delay. 

For the issue, because it is related to the IBM note, and I am not good at this. And, for the issue, we could need deeper analysis, it could be out of the scope of our support.

So I suggest you contact the professional support.

The following web site for more detail of Professional Support Options and incident submission methods is for your reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13948/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Otto Wang

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:26 AM