none
How do you change the default web application for Provisioning Team sites in Project Server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

In Project Server 2010 , Site Provisioning settings there is an option to set the default web application for provisioning team sites to something other than the one that the PWA instance runs under.  However even after I added a brand new web application on a different port, and created a site collection, it does not show in the drop down list.  The Restrict Project Site creation to the default site collection option is not checked.

In Project Server 2007 all the web apps in the farm were in the drop down.

Is there something else that needs to be done to change the default web application for the workspaces ?

The software is still at RTM but is did not see anything in any of the released CUs that mentioned this issue so i'm not sure if it is relevant.

Thanks

Ken

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:39 PM

Answers

• Is that web application is associated with project service application?

Check whether it is in Default or Custom. Associate appropriately and check the status.

Later check the site collection administrator permissions.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 1:05 AM

All replies

• Is that web application is associated with project service application?

Check whether it is in Default or Custom. Associate appropriately and check the status.

Later check the site collection administrator permissions.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 1:05 AM
  • Hi  Sriram,

Thanks for the reply,

As per your suggestion I did check the following :

1. Yes the web application is associated with the Project Server Service Application.
    2. It was set as default, but I also tried custom though it made no difference.
    3. I am the site collection administrator and have full control.

I also tried creating a new site collection on the same port as the PWA instance is on, but I don't see the new site collection as an available option in the pulldown either.

I believe it is possible as the demo VM for Project Server 2010 has more than one site collection in the pulldown for the Site Provisioning settings.

Best,

Ken

Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:35 AM
  • Ken,

did you create your site collection root site?  Did you use the Project Site template?

I have just completed this same excercise and I do see all webs and I am able to select the web application and specific site collection (you must specify the site collection, no browsing, no list).

Let us know...

Thanks, Eric S. http://www.pcubed.com

Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:28 AM