none
Can not setup POSReady 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Microsoft Team,

I came with a problem when I was trying to setup this POSReady.

The error code is "0x80042913".

I have cleaned the drive with diskpart prior to attempting the installation, however, the error continues.

I have also run this setup on DOS mode, however, still no hope.

My POSReady is a evaluation version. As I can not test the system is suitable for me or not, I can not decide to buy an original version.

Regards,

Eric

Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:25 AM

Answers

• The only thing I can think of is the burn speed for the DVD. Sometimes if you set the speed to high, the DVD might not be able to be read in all DVD drives. Try burning at a slow speed and see what happens.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, July 29, 2011 9:42 PM

All replies

• What is the media you are trying to install the OS on? hard drive, flash disk, other?

What file system are you using?

There error code correspnds to a Virtual Disk error: VDS_E_FORMAT_CRITICAL - Format is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd208031(PROT.10).aspx

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Eric,

Are you booting from the POSReady 2009 DVD?  There is no DOS mode installation.  You must boot from the DVD to install POSReady 2009 as it is designed for installing on bare metal hardware.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:19 AM
  • Thanks Sean.

I'm trying to install the OS on one of my hard drive, and it's a Win7 Pro Edition 32bits.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:33 AM
  • Are you installing POSReady 2009 in a virtual machine or real hardware?

-Sean

Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Terry, I have burned the setup ISO to a DVD and setup in a bare metal hardware according to the setup instruction. However, when the setup goes to the step of "Detecting Hardware", the setup is stopped, and came out a message saying " Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your Setup". Any ideas for this situation? Thanks. Eric
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Sean, I'm installing this software on a real hard drive. and it's a bare metal systems. Eric
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:36 AM
  • The only thing I can think of is the burn speed for the DVD. Sometimes if you set the speed to high, the DVD might not be able to be read in all DVD drives. Try burning at a slow speed and see what happens.

-Sean

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:42 PM
  • If you are downloading POSReady 2009 Evaluation from the Microsoft Download Center it is a CD ISO, not a DVD ISO.  It does not contain any of the value add components or language MUI files.  It sounds to me like there is a problem with the image you are burning to the disk.  The ISO may have corrupted during the download process.

Terry Warwick

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:17 PM
  • If you are downloading POSReady 2009 Evaluation from the Microsoft Download Center it is a CD ISO, not a DVD ISO.  It does not contain any of the value add components or language MUI files.  It sounds to me like there is a problem with the image you are burning to the disk.  The ISO may have corrupted during the download process.

Terry Warwick

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:18 PM