SharePoint Services 3 - The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted when creating site collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Every time I try to create a site collection in SharePoint Services 3 from the website, I get an error saying that my server's configuration is not permitting that operation, and that I should use stsadm instead. But when I try to use the -createsite operation with stsadm.exe, I get "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted."

What should I do?

Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Here you have a KB article for it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283133

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Monday, May 7, 2012 1:41 AM
  • I'm sorry, but how does this Windows 2000 article, refering to an error that appears when running the Active Directory wizard for a new domain controller, help? The solution to that's articles problem is sharing the SYSVOL directory on the machine, which in the article's case is a domain controller.

Since that is a different problem with different variables, I'm going to describe the machines:

1. several domain controller for Active Directory, running on WS2003
    2. one machine with WS2008R2, TFS 2010 running on SQL Server 2008R2 instances (on the same machine), with SCVMM 2008 R2 (same machine) and SharePoint Services 3 (same machine).
    Monday, May 7, 2012 8:20 AM