Media Center "green screen" RRS feed

• Question

• So far all apps and such are working correctly on a Vista Beta "Upgrade" (not fresh install) which I may try next. Here is my problem; 

In both Media Player, and the Media Center, I get audio playback, with a green rendered video. As if some overlay was not working correctly? 

I solved the Media Player issue by downloading some mpeg codec pack, now it plays video fine. However, Media Center does not. This is ANY video, whether it be a file or live TV. All video playback via the web works fine, even in Media Center. Any suggestions? 

Vid card: NV 6600 GT (tried the beta drivers with same results) 

TV Tuner: ATI Elite (also tried beta drivers with same results) 

Thank you for your time!

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:45 PM

All replies

• That went over well...

I did a clean install and now the system is smoking fast, and at about 85% functional. Few small things to figure out.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:08 PM
  • Hi, Glad to hear you got some things up and running properly...always a good thing.

I'm responding to your post because it's the only one with 'green screen' in the heading. My problem is with MSN Video..I get the video to load and hear audio but there is no visual..just a green screen.

I actually just found these and will try it..but if you have any advice it would be much appreciated.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898549/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q898549

I'm not that computer literate..by clean system install..do you mean  fresh down;loaded version oof Beta 7 as opposed to copying over IE6?

This is my system info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name MY-COMPUTER
    System Manufacturer INTEL_
    System Model D915GAV_
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2934 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. EV91510A.86A.0401.2005.0128.0809, 1/28/2005
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    User Name MY-COMPUTER\My Computer
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 82.23 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 1.20 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Mary

Saturday, September 9, 2006 8:14 PM
  • I realize this question was asked quite a while ago, but since this link still pops up first in search engines, I'll give it a go.

If you're media player (msn. com, etc) videos play as a green screen with good audio, do the following:

Open WIndows Media Player and right click on the upper left area of the screen.  Go to Tools>Options>Performance.  Click on the section Video Acceleration and move the cursor ALL THE WAY to the left.  It's important to move it all the way and not just part way )otherwise your player will have weird lines on it).  If this section is grayed out, and you can't adjust it, go to Advanced, make a change, the put it back the way it was and it should unfreeze the acceleration cursor.

Hope this helps!

Friday, June 1, 2007 3:04 PM
  • Hexacolley,

Thanks Your the MAAAN! (Or the Lady )

That fixed my problem

Thx again

Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:01 AM