MDT upgrade task sequence is not installing applications which is present in TS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I tried to upgrade Windows 10 and it work fine. Windows 7 machine was upgraded to Windows 10. In the upgrade task sequence i have also added some application like winrar which was not present in windows 7 and i want to install it through upgrade task sequence. but unfortunately none of application was installed from upgrade task sequence. has any one tried this?

Can anyone suggest what should be the correct way of installing application from Upgrade task sequence.

Abhishek

Saturday, April 23, 2016 4:08 AM

Answers

• In some instances Windows 10 fails to write success to the Win10UpdateStatusCode and the post upgrade steps are skipped.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup" /v SetupType /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup" /v CmdLine /t REG_SZ /d "%%d:\MININT\Scripts\setupcomplete.cmd" /f 

After the above lines in SetupComplete.cmd add: 

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" /v Win10UpgradeStatusCode /t REG_SZ /d "Success" /f

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

• Marked as answer by Ty Glander Saturday, April 23, 2016 4:06 PM
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hi

No, it works for me.

What are in the BDD.log??

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:18 PM
  • In some instances Windows 10 fails to write success to the Win10UpdateStatusCode and the post upgrade steps are skipped.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup" /v SetupType /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup" /v CmdLine /t REG_SZ /d "%%d:\MININT\Scripts\setupcomplete.cmd" /f 

After the above lines in SetupComplete.cmd add: 

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" /v Win10UpgradeStatusCode /t REG_SZ /d "Success" /f

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

• Marked as answer by Ty Glander Saturday, April 23, 2016 4:06 PM
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

BDD.log is not showing any error. Also when i created a custom task sequence and added winrar in the custom task sequence, the winrar was installed, but it is not installing through my default upgrade task sequence after adding applications in the task sequence.

Abhishek

Monday, April 25, 2016 3:50 AM
  • Did you make the modification to setup complete.cmd?

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:46 AM
  • I am checking it now. The deployment is in progress state. I have modified the setup complete.cmd and also added the command in the task sequence step. the one which you have mentioned.

Abhishek

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:52 AM
  • When the upgrade is done check that the registry key added exists.

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Thanks. Now application is installing after making the changes in the SetupComplete.cmd file

Abhishek

Monday, April 25, 2016 7:27 AM