none
SharePoint Search Admin Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Browsing to half of the options in search admin page results in an error. Checked ULS and nothing is jumping out at me. No changes that I am aware of recently.

All of the search service endpoints are up and running. All permissions set correctly in SQL. All search and crawl accounts are enabled. 
    • Edited by Viddy-arrrrr Friday, April 17, 2020 11:30 PM Additional Info
    Friday, April 17, 2020 11:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael, This was my next step which gave me a DCOM error. 

I performed an IISReset on the query and crawl server and everything came back ok. Strange as the servers had been rebooted a few days earlier to no avail. 

Monday, April 20, 2020 8:17 AM

All replies

• Just ran a script in UAT (where search is working) to see  what the default content access account is and it returned ok,

in Prod the script returned blank which leads me to believe that it has become un set somehow and may be causing the above errors

Saturday, April 18, 2020 12:05 AM
  • Hello,

In your second  screenshot, the Default content access account  shows All Errors. It could be that caused this issue.

Please try to use the below powershell to set default content access account:

#Set Default content access account
    $AccountID = "sp13\michael"
    $Password = Read-Host -AsSecureString 

#Get Search service application
    $SearchInstance = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication

#Set default content access account for crawl
    Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication -Identity $SearchInstance -DefaultContentAccessAccountName $AccountID -DefaultContentAccessAccountPassword $Password

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 20, 2020 3:15 AM
  • Hi Michael, This was my next step which gave me a DCOM error. 

I performed an IISReset on the query and crawl server and everything came back ok. Strange as the servers had been rebooted a few days earlier to no avail. 

Monday, April 20, 2020 8:17 AM
  • Hello,

Glad that you got this issue resolved. Thanks for your sharing.

You could mark your reply as an answer to close this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 20, 2020 8:32 AM