Skype for business - Disappearing buttons!! RRS feed

• Question

• Have setup a skype meeting with some colleagues but when I click on 'Join Skype Meeting' the meeting starts successfully but the buttons for microphone mute, audio and video only appear for a couple of seconds and then disappear, leaving only the screen sharing option available. I have tested audio and video connection through skype and this appears to operate fine...….any help much appreciated.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Scot1970,

Do you use Skype for Business on-premise environment or Online?

Are you the organizer or attendees, did other attendees in the meeting have the same problem?

Did it happen with other meetings, or just this specific one?

If using on-premise server, do you know which type of meeting when creating? (As below)

According your description, I think it seems be related to policy.

Please check the client policy and conference policy, make sure the “AllowIPAudio”, “AllowIPVideo” is enabled.

In addition, try to clear the user sip cache under %useprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Lync\sip_xxx, and re-login to see the result.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:33 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 8:49 AM