MBAM broke SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• My colleague just went ahead without any planning or discussion and installed MBAM on our SCCM primary site server. This appears to have caused a number of issues.

I have uninstalled all the mbam applications and databases from the server and rebooted. I also did an IISRESET.

I reinstalled my windows 10 client because it stopped communicating with the server and it has not properly gone in to an enabled state.

Any ideas on how I can salvage my SCCM environment?

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:35 AM

All replies

• Check if the MP is working (mpcontrol.log).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:43 AM
  • the mpcontrol.log appears fine, it has entries from today and is not showing any errors.

Although I have tried to uninstall MBAM it has left tables behind in the sccm database and the integration is still in place.

Would it be better to reinstall it?

• Edited by Johnmclain Monday, October 10, 2016 9:47 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

The integration is SCCM reports, CI's and Collections so it shouldn't matter if you remove it or not.

Check the Component status in SCCM and MPcontrol.log as Torsten wrote as well.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:04 AM
  • We have this error repeating constantly in the compmon.log

Failed to read the required Operations Management component registry key values on local computer; error = 6 (0x6).

I googled it and people suggest doing a full reset of sccm components from the installation media...

the cmupdate.log on the server has sql errors.

*** [08001][-2146893051][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.

• Edited by Johnmclain Monday, October 10, 2016 10:16 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 10:13 AM
  • I uninstalled an sql component that was installed as a part of the mbam installation.

It was called client and server connectivity tools. 

Then rebooted, this appears to have resolved the error alerts on the management point on the primary site. 

Logs looking a bit more healthy now. I will leave it for a bit and see if it comes back to life. Logs on the client have stopped erroring now as well.

Hopefully that is all that it was.

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:35 AM
  • I think I am going to log a case with MS about it.

Now the errors in the logs have cleared but unfortunately i had promoted the client version to deployment last week so we have currently 1000 client upgrades pending. There is currently 43 stuck in "in progress" and normal software deployment is not doing anything.

I tried a cycle on the client and it doesn't even update the appenforce logs and download the software to the ccmcache.

Any thoughts on this before i log a case with MS?

• Proposed as answer by Frank Dong Thursday, November 3, 2016 4:02 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Frank Dong Thursday, November 3, 2016 4:02 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 12:20 PM