none
Risks from subproject to Master project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I need create master project by some subprojects which linked already to risks. I' m trying enter these risks into master project and show up them in master project too. But I can't. I tried even to linked these risks directly to subproject within master project, but I don't have the subprojects' tasks in Master project site. I have just summary task of each subproject. When I linked even these summary to risk (as an task instead of project), I can't see risk indicator in project center for master project.

Could please help me to link the risks (already define in subproject) to master project.

Actually I need to know if there is the way to have the risk linked to project when we create master project with it?

Thanks a lot,

Alireza.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:56 PM

All replies

• There is no "roll-up" of risks or issues from a sub-project's project site to the master project's project site.  This is logical, as the master project could represent a programme, and a risk to the sub-project is not necessarily a risk to the programme.  

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:03 PM
  • You are absolutly right. But What I'm looking for is not roll-up risk to program. Actually, I'm looking for the I can just have the risk already linked to subproject, in master project. When Someone is seeing master plan can see the risks too. I'm not sure I give my question clearly or not.

Thanks. 

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:23 PM