Lync 2013 IP Phone inventory reports over 1000 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get the IP Phone Inventory reports to return more than 1000 records in Lync 2013?
    Friday, January 12, 2018 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Patrick Davie,

Thanks for your response.

Based on my further research, it is not support.

Since the report limitation is hard coded, we process to develop a sample code to accomplish your environment. 

Here is my test steps for the sample code.

1. Sign in my back-end database server and run MS SQL Server Management Studio.
    2. Open database LcsCDR.
    3. Create a new SQL query.
    4. Attached the SQL script which copying from store procedure dbo.CdrDeviceList
    5. Change the limitation to 2,000 on the line”select top 1000”
    6. Save the SQL script.
    7. Run the script and check the result.
    8. If the result was as expected, press Save Results As… and export it to a data file.

However as we know, the product environment is different from our test environment.

If you want use the sample SQL script from the store procedure, I recommend you do more test in your environment.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Patrick Davie Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:34 PM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:59 AM
  • I created a new stored procedure duplicating the CDRDevices and made sure to change the names in the SP to match the new one and altered the rows to get it to work. I also found this article

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/csps/2011/03/22/retrieve-lync-connection-information/

So I was able to match the software with the type or device

• Marked as answer by Patrick Davie Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:30 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Patrick Davie Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:34 PM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Patrick Davie,

For Lync monitoring report, you can get such reports only by using SQL queries through SQL management studio.

Based on my research, it is not supported to get the report more than 1000 records for Lync server.

You can provide feedback with the link below
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Monday, January 15, 2018 4:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, January 15, 2018 10:21 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Patrick Davie Monday, January 15, 2018 1:15 PM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 3:09 AM
  • No. The first answer you gave was helpful. Changing it to not supported is unacceptable. I dont believe Microsoft came up with an 'Enterprise Voice Solution' and then restricted thier reports to less than 1000. IOll talk to my SQL guys about the stored procedure in question and let you know how its done later I hope
    Monday, January 15, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Hi Patrick Davie,

Thanks for your response.

Based on my further research, it is not support.

Since the report limitation is hard coded, we process to develop a sample code to accomplish your environment. 

Here is my test steps for the sample code.

1. Sign in my back-end database server and run MS SQL Server Management Studio.
    2. Open database LcsCDR.
    3. Create a new SQL query.
    4. Attached the SQL script which copying from store procedure dbo.CdrDeviceList
    5. Change the limitation to 2,000 on the line”select top 1000”
    6. Save the SQL script.
    7. Run the script and check the result.
    8. If the result was as expected, press Save Results As… and export it to a data file.

However as we know, the product environment is different from our test environment.

If you want use the sample SQL script from the store procedure, I recommend you do more test in your environment.

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Edited by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update about this issue?

Regards, 

Alice Wang

• Edited by Alice-Wang Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:34 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:33 AM
  • I created a new stored procedure duplicating the CDRDevices and made sure to change the names in the SP to match the new one and altered the rows to get it to work. I also found this article

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/csps/2011/03/22/retrieve-lync-connection-information/

So I was able to match the software with the type or device

• Marked as answer by Patrick Davie Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:30 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Patrick Davie Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:34 PM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:30 PM
  • Hello Alice,

Would you please share your sample code here? Thanks.

Jin

jim choi

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:59 PM