Quickbooks compatability RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having problems using quickbooks 2006 Pro with Vista. The application can not check for updates. It keeps telling me i don't have an internet connection. Has anybody else ran accross this problem. I have checked the quickbooks website and they say they don't support beta software, but the problem does seem to be with IE7. Does anybody have any solutions?
    Friday, June 30, 2006 1:15 PM

All replies

• I also had problems with Quickbooks (in my canse QuickBooks 2002) with Vista Beta 2... I saw a few posts about giving the guest account full permissions to the QuickBooks & Intuit folders and making an adjustment to the registry but that didn't help.

I've been using QuickBooks to store my company records since 1995 so it is difficult to switch to another product.  If Microsoft sells something comparable in features and can import the data file I'll just buy it and say a pleasant good bye to Intuit. 

My workaround was to install QuickBooks on my UMPC which runs XP!  Imagine going from an acounting program running at 1600 X 1200 to one on a 800 X 480 screen!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:41 PM
  • I am moving your question to the Vista beta applications forum. They should be able to assist you.
    Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:20 PM
  • Thanks for placing us in the proper place Liz!  Now can anyone help with Vista Beta 2 and Quickbooks.

I was going to switch to Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006 until I went to Amazon and read the hooro stories from customers trying to migrate from Quickbooks...

Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:13 PM
  • Thanks for placing us in the proper place Liz!  Now can anyone help with Vista Beta 2 and Quickbooks.

I was going to switch to Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006 until I went to Amazon and read the horror stories from customers trying to migrate from Quickbooks...

Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:13 PM
  •  I think I have a solution for this problem. At least it worked on my particular configuration.

If you right click on your Quickbooks icon and select properties. You will see a tab called compatibility, click on it

There you will see a option called compatibility mode, I specified it to run as windows XP. And that solved my problem. It seems to have cured all the issues i had..

I am running Quickbooks 2006 Pro by the way.

Hope this helps others who are having the same issue

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 4:23 PM
  • Kirenp

Thanks vvery much, that did the trick.  I also had to check the box "run as administrator"!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:10 PM