DPM Agent Install error 303 / Attach error 274 Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Nightmare...

I installed successfully SQL 2014

I installed System Center 2016 successfully

I installed DPM 2016 successfully

I setup 2 SQL data bases 1 for System center and 1 for DPM all appears to be working as it should, I then added ISCSI storage to DPM and that attached without an issue but when it comes to installing the agent it fails straight away, but if i go to the domain controller i want to install the agent i can manually install it without a problem but when i go back to my other server with DPM installed it fails to attach.

I have done hours of checking for the codes 303 and 274 but nothing really comes up, I have also added a number of firewall exceptions and user \ groups to the builtin OU in active directory and spent ages watching YouTube install and setup guides in case i missed something.

It was suggested i run a DPMSYNC -SYNC which threw back a problem about sysvol being different versions but apparently this is a bug which can be a false reading but i applied the Microsoft patch for this anyway.

Event Viewer:

Event ID 997 source MSDPM Either the computer that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.

Event ID 18456 source MSSQL$SCCM Login failed for user DOMAIN\DPMSERVER$ could not find a login match name provided [CLIENT: DPMSERVER IP ADDRESS]

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

thanks

Michael

Friday, July 14, 2017 8:20 AM