none
Error 41 Kernel Power RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm running Win 2019 Server with two VM machines one HyperV. When I reboot the virtual machines from within Windows I then receive and error message in Even Viewer: Error 41 Kernel Power. This happens on both VMs but not on the actual main server. Any thought why and how to fix this?

Thank you. Karel Grulich, MCSE, SBS

Thursday, January 10, 2019 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As my understanding, you have a windows 2019 hyper-v host and installed two VMs on it. It appears Error 41 Kernel Power in your VM when you restart your vm. But there is np error message in your host.

It seems there is a crash in the process of your restart.

I suggest update your driver and hotfix in your VM and host.

Try to do the steps below:

Under system properties, Advanced system settings, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery section, Settings, clear the Automatically restart check box.And monitor the VM.

There is some additional information for you,please refer to it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2028504/windows-kernel-event-id-41-error-the-system-has-rebooted-without-clean

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 11, 2019 6:33 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

What drivers are you suggesting to update and where? (on host or VM or both?)

Where do you suggest making this change? (On the VM itself)

"Under system properties, Advanced system settings, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery section, Settings, clear the Automatically restart check box. And monitor the VM."

Friday, January 11, 2019 5:37 PM
  • Hi,

>>What drivers are you suggesting to update and where?

Both

Where do you suggest making this change?

Yes,on the VMitself

Best Regards,
    Frank

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 14, 2019 9:02 PM
  • I don't see any hotfix or driver. Can you provide the info on where and what to download?

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:46 PM
  • Hi,

There is a article about windows server 2019 update history for you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619

The driver is up to your hardware vendor.You could check device manufacturer's website.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Thursday, January 17, 2019 1:37 AM
  • I'm not sure what you are suggesting here. This is a brand new server with all latest software and all latest hardware drivers.

Friday, January 18, 2019 3:12 PM