Windows Vista Hiding my Application RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a program called Slingplayer, it appears to have installed correctly, at the end of the installation it is meant to open a viewing and control window. It is not doing so, when I attempt to reopen it say that the application is already running, checking in task manager sure enough the exe file is showing as running, but still no Viewing or control screen, its almost as if it's been hidden from view. I've use dthis application many times it is very dependable.

Please Help?

Regards Mike

Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

On the operating system side, please make sure the system is free from virus. In case it is due to conflict with other third party software, Iet us prepare Clean boot to check the result.

Clean Boot prevents software conflicts by preventing the startup items and non Microsoft services from loading. This way you can safely follow the process of elimination to check which application is causing this behavior.

Note: Ensure that you put your computer back to normal startup mode after completing the troubleshooting steps. Steps are available in the article given above.

If the issue persists in Clean boot, I suggest terminate the process from task manager and start the software again by “run as administrator”.

Meanwhile, it is strongly recommended to contact Slingplayer support for more accurate information. Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 2:50 AM