Problem with user-file on Q: RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just tried to sequence Wiziple PicPick and have problems with the program settings.

PicPick save his settings in picpick.ini on Q:\PicPick.001.

After a reboot the settings are back on standard.

Is there a possibility save the selected settings to Q, or an other workaround?

Regards,

wave

Friday, October 29, 2010 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hey,

I think I found the problem.

The problem is when I clicking only on "Logoff" the application doesn't close correctly. But if I close the app manually it saves the settings, when I reopen the app the settings will be restored.
    All right to this step, but when I now logoff and login again the settings will be back on standard, thats because we use mandatory profiles. To prevent this, I setup the Q-Path of the app to the "AppSense User Personalization" system. This save now the settings, when the user logoff.

But I need also uncheck "enforce security descriptors" and setup the *.ini as "user data" how znack and Aaron writes.

Thanks for your advices.

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by wavefront6 Friday, November 12, 2010 10:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:43 PM

All replies

• Have you marked the file as user data in the sequencer. If the file is marked as user data, the user's PKG file will get a copy when the file is written to
    Friday, October 29, 2010 2:13 PM
  • Hello Aaron,

thanks for your reply. I already tried this, and it doesn't help, still no savings.

By the way, when I select "Overwrite" the AppV-Client overwrites the file again and again, and user-settings wouldn't be saved, isn't it?

Regards,

wave

Friday, October 29, 2010 4:02 PM
  • Hello,

have you unchecked or checked enforce security descriptors?

/Znack
    Monday, November 1, 2010 6:09 AM
  • Hello,

it's checked.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:15 PM
  • Hello,

Try to resequence the package and uncheck that box...

/Znack

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:49 PM
  • Also make sure that you propperly close all instances of PicPick before you reboot the machine. To check if there is an issue, check the App-V Client Management Console (sftcmc.msc) right before you shut down the machine. The application should have the state "idle".

If that's not the case it might be that App-V did not write back the modified .ini to the App-V User Configuration store.

Are there any cleanup-processes in palce that clean may clean "%APPDATA%" folder or Mandatory Profiles?

Falko
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:43 PM
  • Hey,

I think I found the problem.

The problem is when I clicking only on "Logoff" the application doesn't close correctly. But if I close the app manually it saves the settings, when I reopen the app the settings will be restored.
    All right to this step, but when I now logoff and login again the settings will be back on standard, thats because we use mandatory profiles. To prevent this, I setup the Q-Path of the app to the "AppSense User Personalization" system. This save now the settings, when the user logoff.

But I need also uncheck "enforce security descriptors" and setup the *.ini as "user data" how znack and Aaron writes.

Thanks for your advices.

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by wavefront6 Friday, November 12, 2010 10:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:43 PM