none
Windows 10 Save Bitlocker Key to AD RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a couple Windows 10 on a couple laptops and when trying to encrypt the local C drive I get a access denied. Looking at event viewer it states that it failed to backup tpm owner authorization information to active directory domain services. error code 0x800701e7. All of our Windows 7 OS can still encrypt and save the key to AD. How can I get Windows 10 to save the key there also? I'm guessing I need to update something on the server but I could not find anything on the net about it. Thanks in advance.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 6:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Pa Chou,

Have you tried following suggestions? If not, check this:

Event ID 514 — TPM Owner Password Backup
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733939(v=ws.10).aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:15 AM
    Owner
  • Kate,

Thanks for the assistance. I'm not sure what the problem was but the issue seemed to have resolved itself. The first 2 Windows 10 machine I did gave me the error so I went back and made sure our Windows 7 laptops could still save the key to AD, which it did successfully. I then imaged up a new machine and tried it again and it worked this time. So I guess I don't know what the issue was but it's working again. Thanks!! 

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:14 PM