VMM Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Explorer Add-On RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and installed the VMM Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 on one of our networks that is not connected to the Internet the other day but am having a problem when attempting to connect to a VM using Explorer. Explorer wants to install the VMM Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Add-on, which is fine, but when I attempt to install Explorer tries to look for it on the Internet. Of course since this network is not connected to the Internet it can't find it. I’ve been searching around to see if I can’t find that add-on somewhere else so I can manually install but have come up blank. Any idea where I can get that so I can install it? I need it to be able to connect to my VMs using the Self-Service Portal on this network.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As soon as you click on connect or remote desktop, VMMSSP 2.0 SP1 tries to install the Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Client on ther machine. This does not require the internet connection. This is installed from the VMMSSP Web Server.  You do not need to install this manually. Please make sure that ActiveX control installtion is allowed in the internet options.  You need to enable the "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting". Also can you please let us know the error message you are getting during installtion?

Thanks,

Santosh..

Friday, August 26, 2011 7:46 PM