none
Is FIM 2010 compatible with Active Directory in Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our Active Directory from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012.

Are there any compatibility issues with FIM 2010? I would suspect the ActiveDirectory MA or PCNS, if any.

We currently use just the Synchronization engine of FIM 2010 but planning to upgrade that to FIM 2010 R2 and add the Self-Serve Password Reset feature.

Best regards,
    Radu Popa

Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:28 PM

Answers

• If you are asking about official support statement I think that there is no official support yet or at least official support statement. In windows 2012 AD there are no changes which should affect FIM AD MA (like it was for example with Recycle Bin) and it should work in general. Not sure about PCNS - general architecture should be fine, I would be worried only about installer checking something etc. But to be honest - haven't tried it by myself yet (time to do this :) )

• Marked as answer by C. R. Popa Friday, September 14, 2012 1:27 PM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:32 PM

All replies

• If you are asking about official support statement I think that there is no official support yet or at least official support statement. In windows 2012 AD there are no changes which should affect FIM AD MA (like it was for example with Recycle Bin) and it should work in general. Not sure about PCNS - general architecture should be fine, I would be worried only about installer checking something etc. But to be honest - haven't tried it by myself yet (time to do this :) )

• Marked as answer by C. R. Popa Friday, September 14, 2012 1:27 PM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:32 PM
  • Thank you so much Tomasz!

We are asessing if we should go that route. From your advice and explanation it looks quite safe to do so.

Testing the installer will be the simplest part for me :-)

I was more worried about potential hidden issues surfacing after the install but that risk seems to be low.

Best regards,

Radu

Friday, September 14, 2012 1:21 PM
  • As always I will advise that if you have access to Microsoft PSS you can ask them about advice on this - there are some brilliant people there in support ready to help you.
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Thanks again Tomasz!

Monday, September 17, 2012 8:21 PM