Vista Doesn't do anything upon Startup RRS feed

• Question

•  can not get my Compaq to start up. It goes to the initial Compaq screen where I can pres esc to get some options to run diagnostic tests. I can also enter the bios. However if it gets past the 2 second screen for Compaq it just stays with a blank screen, no blinking curser or anything. It actually appears to me like it is in hibernation or sleep mode and will not exit it. It does not matter if I press and hold the power button or press it quickly the "thinking" blinking light flashes once and then it turns off in about 3 seconds. I have ran every test I can access but it does nothing. When I press f11 for recovery it just does the blank screen like windows or the operating system is frozen. I do think it was shut down incorrectly the last tie it was used because my 2 year old keeps trying to press the button power button because it lights up. I do not have any recovery disc because it is supposed to have the built in recovery. Any help would be appreciated.
    Friday, September 3, 2010 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried Using Last Known Good Configuration? Can you Start your computer in safe mode? Both the method may help you get the computer back to operate.

If they did not help, as no recovery disc available, we can not diagnose within the operation system. It is suggested to contact HP support for direct assistance. Your understanding is appreciated.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:11 AM